Pepper-stuffed salmon with yoghurt and lemon sauceReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- string or twine
- 2 x 375g kingsalmon fillets, skin and pin bones removed
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato or capsicum pesto
- 80g (about ½ cup) marinated capsicum or peppadew peppersbell peppersX, drained, roughly sliced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Yoghurt and lemon sauce
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon, zest and ¼ cup juice
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1.2kg cooked potatoes
- 8 cups salad greens with a little vinaigrette
1 Preheat barbecue grill. Lay 5 pieces of string across a board.
2 Place a salmon fillet, skinned-side up, over string. Spread pesto evenly over fillet then lay marinated peppers over top to cover fillet.
3 Carefully place other fillet on top, lining up one thin end with one thick end for even thickness. Sprinkle paprika over then tie strings. Barbecue on one side for about 10 minutes then carefully turn over and cook for another 15 minutes or until just cooked through.
4 Remove from barbecue and rest for 5-10 minutes. To make yoghurt and lemon sauce, combine sauce ingredients and mix well.
5 Remove string from salmon and slice carefully into portions. (Slice across or slice fillet in half across and then lengthwise into portions). Serve with sauce, potatoes and salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pesto, Tabasco and vinaigrette.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 29g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information