Pea, ricotta and mushroom risotto
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 cups field mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice
- 2 ½ cups liquid reduced-salt vegetable stock, heated
- 2 ½ cups hot water
- 2 cups minted peas, defrosted
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ¼ cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
1 Spray a heavy-based pan with oil. When hot add onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry for 2 minutes. Add rice and stir for 1 minute.
2 Combine stock and water then add 1/2 cup this stock mix to rice and stir until absorbed. Repeat for 15-20 minutes until all but 1/3 cup stock mix is used. Add peas, tarragon, parmesan and remainder of stock mix. Stir for 2-3 minutes until peas are cooked through.
3 Stir through ricotta and serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us