Pasta with walnut-sage pesto and roast vegetables
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 medium beetrootbeetsXs, peeled and cubed
- 3½ cups sliced butternut squash
- 2 cups vine tomatoes
- spray olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 packed cup fresh parsley, plus extra to serve (optional)
- ½ cup toasted walnut pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh sage, plus extra to serve (optional)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 300g wholemeal penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 16g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. On the trays place beetroot, squash, and tomatoes. Spray with oil and season with pepper. Place in oven and roast for 30 minutes.
2 In a food processor, blitz parsley, walnuts, garlic and sage, drizzling in oil and lemon juice, until almost smooth. Set aside.
3 While vegetables are cooking, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add pasta and cook following packet instructions. Reserve a cup of cooking water then drain pasta. Return pasta to the pot and stir in walnut pesto. Add a little of the cooking water to achieve the desired creaminess.
4 Divide the pasta among 4 bowls and top with roasted vegetables, parmesan and extra sage and parsley, if using. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Make it vegan: Replace parmesan with Angel Food parmesan alternative and check pasta is vegan.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us