Pan-fried salmon with chickpea salad
(at time of publication)
- 400g can corn sweetcornXkernels, drained
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 420g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons 99% fat-free Italian dressing
- cooking oil spray
- 4 x 150g salmon steaks
1 To make salad, in a bowl combine corn, onion, chickpeas, coriander and dressing. Set aside.
2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add salmon to pan and cook each side for 2 minutes (for medium), or until cooked to your liking.
3 Serve salmon atop chickpea salad with a large dollop of yoghurt (if preferred) and steamed green vegetables.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free dressing and if using yoghurt, make sure it is gluten free.
- Marinate salmon in 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce for at least 10 minutes before cooking.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us