Orange and ginger pork with kumara mash
- ⅓ cup fresh orange juice
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 tablespoons wholegrain mustard*
- 4 x 150g lean pork loin cutlets or steaks
- 750g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in chunks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus extra, to brush
- steamed broccolini or green beans, to serve
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Combine 1/4 cup orange juice, 2 teaspoons ginger and 1 teaspoon each of cumin and mustard in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add pork and turn to coat in marinade. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, place kumara in a large saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
3 Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and brush lightly with oil. Drain pork and pan-fry for 3-4 minutes each side (pork will still be slightly pink) or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside.
4 Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add remaining ginger and cumin and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add kumara and remaining orange juice to pan. Roughly mash and season with black pepper.
5 Divide kumara among four serving plates. Top with a cutlet. Serve with broccolini or beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
Season mash with horseradish.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us