Nut and seed-crusted salmon with brown rice pilaf
- 4 small (400g) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons savoury seed mix (we used Ceres Organic Savoury Paleo Mix)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups grated courgette and carrot
- 6 cups chopped silver beet
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place salmon in a baking paper lined baking dish and press seed mix into the flesh to coat well. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes or until just cooked. You want it to feel like a marshmallow.
- While salmon cooks, lightly spray a deep-based pan with oil, and place over a medium heat. Add cinnamon sticks to the pan with onion and fry quickly, stirring for 8 minutes, or until nicely coloured. Add courgette and carrot and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove onion mix from pan and add to fluffed cooked brown rice. Stir carefully to combine.
- To the same pan, add silver beet and a sprinkle of water and cook until wilted. Squeeze over 1 lemon wedge.
- In a small bowl, combine tahini, yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of water and squeeze of another lemon wedge. Mix well.
- Serve salmon with greens and rice. Drizzle over tahini sauce. Garnish with remaining lemon and parsley, if desired.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 33g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check tahijni is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Replace onion with green leek leaves. Use chopped low-FODMAP nuts and seeds instead of seed mix.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us