Nut and seed-crusted salmon with brown rice pilafReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 small (400g) salmon fillets, skin removed
- 4 tablespoons savoury seed mix (we used Ceres Organic Savoury Paleo Mix)
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cups grated courgette and carrot
- 6 cups chopped silver beet
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place salmon in a baking paper lined baking dish and press seed mix into the flesh to coat well. Place in oven and bake for 8 minutes or until just cooked. You want it to feel like a marshmallow.
- While salmon cooks, lightly spray a deep-based pan with oil, and place over a medium heat. Add cinnamon sticks to the pan with onion and fry quickly, stirring for 8 minutes, or until nicely coloured. Add courgette and carrot and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove onion mix from pan and add to fluffed cooked brown rice. Stir carefully to combine.
- To the same pan, add silver beet and a sprinkle of water and cook until wilted. Squeeze over 1 lemon wedge.
- In a small bowl, combine tahini, yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of water and squeeze of another lemon wedge. Mix well.
- Serve salmon with greens and rice. Drizzle over tahini sauce. Garnish with remaining lemon and parsley, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check tahijni is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Replace onion with green leek leaves. Use chopped low-FODMAP nuts and seeds instead of seed mix.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 33g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information