Mini mushroom burgers
- 6 medium flat (portobello) mushrooms
- 200g lean beef mince
- 1 egg
- 50g sachet pizza paste (we used Gregg’s)
- 6 squares of capsicum (made by cutting sides off capsicum lengthwise)
- 6 small lettuce leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices pickled gherkin
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove and reserve stems from mushrooms. On the baking tray, place mushrooms, top side down.
- Chop mushroom stems and, in a bowl, combine them with mince, egg and pizza paste. Fill each mushroom cap with mince mixture and bake for 15 minutes, until mince is brown and cooked through.
- Top each burger with lettuce, a slice of capsicum and gherkin and halved tomato. A toothpick will keep everything from sliding off.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
Make it gluten free: Check pizza paste (or other sauces) are gluten free.
Make egg free: You can either use an egg replacer or just leave out
Instead of pizza paste, you can use 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce or 1 teaspoon soy sauce.
Lamb mince works well too.
If you prefer capsicum cooked, put squares on the baking tray and bake at the same time as the mince.
Add a slice of cheese on top of the lettuce to transform them into cheeseburgers.
Add a chunk of canned pineapple to make Hawai’ian burgers.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us