- small (300g) kumarasweet-potatoX, unpeeled, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, thawed
- 1 red capsicum, coarsely chopped
- 400g can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup trim milk
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 1 small avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette (see tips)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil over a high heat. Cook kumara for 6-8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain. Cut into wedges.
2 In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat oil over medium. Cook corn and capsicum, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until capsicum is almost tender. Add kumara, black beans and ground coriander. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
3 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Pour over the bean mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Scatter with half of the coriander leaves. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
4 To serve, top frittata with avocado, chilli and remaining coriander leaves. Slice and divide among plates with dressed salad leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
Make it gluten free: Check ground coriander is gluten free.
Balsamic vinaigrette: Make up a week’s worth in a jar using 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us