- 2 apples
- 1 stalk celery (15cm)
- 12 strawberries
- 12 grapes
- 20 mini marshmallows
- 12 walnut halves
- 2 cups lettuce, torn in small pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-light cream cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons juice
- pinch cinnamon (optional)
1 To prepare fruit, wash and cube unpeeled apples (throw core in the compost bin). Wash celery and cut in super-thin slices. Wash strawberries, chop off or pull out stalks and slice in halves. Wash grapes. Toss prepared fruit in a salad bowl.
2 Add marshmallows, walnuts and lettuce.
3 To make salad dressing, in a cup stir together cream cheese, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon (if using). Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free marshmallows.
- To change this salad recipe into a healthy dessert, just leave out celery and lettuce.
If the salad dressing is too thick to pour, add 1 tablespoon cold water.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us