Marinated chicken with Asian coleslaw
(at time of publication)
- ⅓ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 500g skinless chicken tenderloins or breast strips
- Asian coleslaw
- ½ head Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 100g snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled, grated
- 100g crispy fried noodles
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 For marinade, combine soy, ginger, garlic, sugar and sesame oil. Add chicken. Stir to coat well. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
2 For coleslaw, combine cabbage, snow peas and carrot in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
3 Heat barbecue grill to a medium heat. Cook chicken for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Meanwhile, pour marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
4 Add noodles to coleslaw just before serving. Spoon coleslaw on 4 serving plates. Top with chicken. Spoon over hot sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information