Low-FODMAP teriyaki chicken stir-fry
- 3 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic-infused oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- ½ tablespoon cornflourcornstarchX
- oil spray
- 500g skinless chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed, 2cm cubed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 medium carrots, cut in sticks
- 2 small courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in sticks
- ¼ cup finely chopped spring onion, green part only, plus extra for garnish (optional)
- 3 cups chopped bok choy
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
- few grinds black pepper
1 In a small saucepan whisk together soy sauce, water, vinegar, sugar, oil, ginger and cornflour. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick.
2 While sauce thickens, heat a large non-stick wok over medium-high heat. Spray with oil and stir-fry chicken for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from wok and set aside.
3 Add sesame oil to wok. Stir-fry carrot and courgette for 2-3 minutes, until just tender. Add spring onion and bok choy and cook for a further minute.
4 Toss chicken through sauce. Serve chicken on rice with veges. Season with pepper and garnish with extra spring onion (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce and cornflour are gluten free.
Commercial teriyaki sauces contain high-FODMAP ingredients.
Choose a clear garlic-infused oil that doesn’t contain garlic pieces.
What is the low-FODMAP diet?
The low-FODMAP diet is used by people with gastrointestinal disorders, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome. While these recipes are suitable for everyone, the diet is restrictive and not suitable for people without these conditions.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us