Lime and chilli pork larb
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 100g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g lean pork mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass paste
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1-2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 2 cups sliced green beans
- 1 cup frozen peas, or shelled edamame beans
- 3 teaspoon fish sauce
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 buttercrunch lettuce, leaves separated, to serve
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a large bowl, place noodles and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10-15 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium-high. Add mince and cook, breaking up any large pieces with a wooden spoon, for 4-5 minutes, or until brown. Add garlic, lemongrass, ginger and lime zest. Cook a further 1 minute. Add lime juice, soy sauce and chillies, reserving a little for garnish, and give it a good stir.
3 Add beans to pan and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, or until just tender. Stir through peas or edamame and fish sauce. Cook for 1 minute more.
4 Remove pan from the heat, stir through coriander and mint, reserving some for garnish. On 4 plates, place 2-3 lettuce leaves. Drain noodles and cut into shorter lengths, if needed. Divide noodles among lettuce leaves and top with pork mixture. Serve with extra lime wedges, chilli and herbs.
Make it gluten free: Check soy and fish sauces are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap garlic for garlic-infused oil, check lemongrass paste for onion, garlic and lactose – or use fresh lemongrass. Use edamame beans not peas.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.