Light & tasty Weet-Bix muffins
(at time of publication)
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal flour
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- ½ cup Light 'n' Tasty cereal
- ½ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup natural apple juice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150g tub low-fat plain yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl combine flour, Weet-Bix, Light ‘n’ Tasty, sultanas, spices and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, apple juice, banana, egg and yoghurt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just mixed and no more – do not over mix. Pour mixture into greased muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
And we have lots more great muffin recipes – here are a few:
or go here to view all our baking recipes.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Karey Hetfield (Christchurch)
Karey says: “These muffins are really filling, can be frozen and are perfect for kids’ lunchboxes or for a great sustaining snack at the office. Feel free to substitute the fruit for other seasonal options. I have used raspberries instead of the banana and they take on a whole new life! I find yoghurt gives them a nice texture while the Weet-Bix adds a really nice malty flavour.”
Check out our view of Weet-Bix as a breakfast cereal here.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information