Lentil and tomato pie with golden mash
(at time of publication)
- 2 small golden kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced
- ¼ pumpkin (about 350g), peeled, chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 medium-sized parsnip, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat spread
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained
- 400g can chopped no-added-salt tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
1 Heat oven to 180°C.
2 In a heavy-based pot, cook kumara, pumpkin, potatoes and parsnip in boiling water for 12-15 minutes. Drain, add spread then mash. Set aside.
3 Spray a non-stick pan with oil and stir-fry garlic and onion for 4-5 minutes.
4 Add herbs, lentils, tomatoes, water and mixed vegetables. Simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
5 Pour lentil mixture into an ovenproof dish, top with root vegetable mash and bake for 15 minutes until topping is golden brown.
6 Serve with beans.
- Make it dairy free: Use dairy-free spread.
- Make it gluten free: Check canned tomatoes are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us