Lentil and tomato pie with golden mash
- 2 small golden kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, diced
- ¼ pumpkin (about 350g), peeled, chopped
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, diced
- 1 medium-sized parsnip, peeled, diced
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat spread
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 420g can no-added-salt lentils, drained
- 400g can chopped no-added-salt tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
1 Heat oven to 180°C.
2 In a heavy-based pot, cook kumara, pumpkin, potatoes and parsnip in boiling water for 12-15 minutes. Drain, add spread then mash. Set aside.
3 Spray a non-stick pan with oil and stir-fry garlic and onion for 4-5 minutes.
4 Add herbs, lentils, tomatoes, water and mixed vegetables. Simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
5 Pour lentil mixture into an ovenproof dish, top with root vegetable mash and bake for 15 minutes until topping is golden brown.
6 Serve with beans.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
- Make it dairy free: Use dairy-free spread.
- Make it gluten free: Check canned tomatoes are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us