Lemongrass seared beef and green pawpaw salad
- 500g beef schnitzel, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (we used Garden Gourmet)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- ½ (600g) green pawpawpapayaX, deseeded, peeled, grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
1 Combine beef, lemongrass paste and garlic in a medium-sized bowl. Place a large frying pan over a high heat or heat a barbecue grill until hot. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the oil and half the beef. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef. Return all beef to pan, add tomatoes and heat through.
2 To make dressing, combine lime juice, remaining oil, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Combine pawpaw, coriander, mint and spring onions in a large bowl then toss through dressing. Serve salad with beef and basmati rice.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
- If you can’t find green pawpaw, use grated carrot or courgette, or a mix of the two.
- Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us