Lemongrass seared beef and green pawpaw salad
(at time of publication)
- 500g beef schnitzel, cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (we used Garden Gourmet)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- ½ (600g) green pawpawpapayaX, deseeded, peeled, grated
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
1 Combine beef, lemongrass paste and garlic in a medium-sized bowl. Place a large frying pan over a high heat or heat a barbecue grill until hot. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the oil and half the beef. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef. Return all beef to pan, add tomatoes and heat through.
2 To make dressing, combine lime juice, remaining oil, fish sauce, sugar and chilli in a small bowl. Stir until sugar dissolves. Combine pawpaw, coriander, mint and spring onions in a large bowl then toss through dressing. Serve salad with beef and basmati rice.
- If you can’t find green pawpaw, use grated carrot or courgette, or a mix of the two.
- Make it gluten free: Check fish sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us