(at time of publication)
- 1 lemon, 2 tablespoons juice and grated zest
- ⅓ cup liquid salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1 ½ tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornflourcornstarchX, dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- oil spray
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut in 3cm lengths, plus extra, to garnish
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 350g broccoli, trimmed, cut in florets
- 250g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 3 cups cooked rice, to serve
- Mix lemon juice, stock, honey, Chinese rice wine and cornflour in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil. Place over a high heat. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2–3 minutes until golden. Remove and set aside.
- Spray wok with a little more oil. Add onions, ginger and lemon zest. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and snow peas. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Return chicken to wok with honey mixture. Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Garnish with extra onions. Serve with rice.
Make it gluten free: Check cornflour and stock varieties are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us