(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons cornflourcornstarchX* plus 1 teaspoon extra, for sauce
- black pepper
- 600g skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, ¼ cup juice
- ⅓ cup liquid no-added-salt chicken stock*
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- oil spray
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, cut in matchsticks
- 1 bunch choy sum, steamed
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Season cornflour with pepper and spread on a plate. Lightly coat chicken in cornflour.
2 To make sauce, place sauce ingredients and the extra cornflour in a jug. Stir until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
3 Heat a wok over a high heat and spray with oil. Stir-fry chicken in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden. Remove from wok. Set aside.
4 Return wok to a high heat. Spray with a little more oil. Add onion and ginger. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until golden. Add sauce and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Return chicken to wok. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
5 Serve with choy sum and rice on the side. Garnish with spring onions.
- Instead of choy sum, serve with spinach.
- Boost the veges: Serve with a side of stir-fried mixed broccoli (1 1/2 cups) and edamame beans (1/2 cup), to add another serve of vegetables per person and 3g fibre.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information