Lemon and paprika terakihi
(at time of publication)
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 x 130-150g tarakihi fillets
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ lemon, zest
- 4 cups frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Place potatoes in a large microwave-proof bowl. Cover with water and a lid then cook in microwave on full power for 6 minutes. Remove lid and add peas. Cook for 3-4 more minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
2 Take 4 squares of baking paper and place a fish fillet onto each. Sprinkle paprika and lemon zest evenly over each fillet and top each fish with 1 cup frozen vegetables. Place in a microwave-proof dish.
3 Roll baking paper over fish and tuck in ends to form a parcel. With a sharp knife make 6-8 holes in the top of paper parcel.
4 Place in microwave and cook for 3-4 minutes until fish is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are steamed through.
5 Mash potatoes and peas with spread. Divide among 4 plates and top with fish and vegetables. Garnish with lemon wedge and serve with some low-fat dressing if preferred.
Microwave cooking tips
- Always check cooking dishes are suitable for use in the microwave. Pyrex works well.
- Testing dishes for microwave cooking: Place a glass of water and the dish to test in the microwave. Cook on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove the dish and glass from microwave. Test the water with your finger. Warm water and a cool dish means the dish will be safe for microwave use. Cool water and a warm or hot dish mean that the dish is not suitable for the microwave.
- Have oven gloves ready to handle dishes after microwaving.
- Stand food for a few minutes before removing from microwave to avoid any steam and spitting.
- Getting rid of odours: Place 1-2 lemon slices in microwave in a small bowl of water. Heat on full power for 1 minute then leave in microwave for 5 minutes to allow odours to be absorbed into the water.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us