Lamb skewers with peach and quinoa salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed, drained (use a blend of black, red and white quinoa if you have it)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 yellow peaches, stonepitXs removed, cut into thick wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups baby rocketarugulaX
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Place quinoa and 3/4 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring pan occasionally, for 10–12 minutes, until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, combine half of the juice and half of the oil in a medium bowl. Add the lamb and toss to coat. Then thread lamb onto 8 skewers. Heat a chargrill or BBQ plate over medium-high heat. Cook lamb and peaches, turning, for 5 minutes, or until the peaches are charred and lamb is cooked to your liking.
3 Place the peaches, tomatoes, beans and rocket in the bowl of quinoa. Drizzle over with the remaining juice and oil. Toss to combine. Serve quinoa salad with the lamb skewers.