Lamb skewers with peach and quinoa salad
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed, drained (use a blend of black, red and white quinoa if you have it)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 yellow peaches, stonepitXs removed, cut into thick wedges
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups baby rocketarugulaX
1 Place quinoa and 3/4 cup of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring pan occasionally, for 10–12 minutes, until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Transfer to a large bowl. Set aside to cool slightly.
2 Meanwhile, combine half of the juice and half of the oil in a medium bowl. Add the lamb and toss to coat. Then thread lamb onto 8 skewers. Heat a chargrill or BBQ plate over medium-high heat. Cook lamb and peaches, turning, for 5 minutes, or until the peaches are charred and lamb is cooked to your liking.
3 Place the peaches, tomatoes, beans and rocket in the bowl of quinoa. Drizzle over with the remaining juice and oil. Toss to combine. Serve quinoa salad with the lamb skewers.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us