Lamb and eggplant curry
(at time of publication)
- 200g lamb stir-fry
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 cups steamed rice
- lime wedges to serve - 2 kaffir lime leaves, chopped (optional)
1 Spray a non-stick pan with oil. Heat to high and stir-fry lamb for 2 minutes. Add curry paste. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 Add half the vegetable oil to pan. Add eggplant and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until golden and tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Add the remaining oil to pan. Add garlic and spring onions and stir-fry until golden. Add chilli, ginger, tomato, lime leaves and shrimp paste. Stir-fry for a few seconds until tomatoes soften.
4 Add eggplant back to pan. Add soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and water. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add lamb back in and heat through.
5 Serve with Rice and garnished with kaffir lime leaves and lime wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us