Kumara vege burgers with avocado salsa
- Burger patties
- oil spray
- 2 cups cooked kumarasweet-potatoX, mashed
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, steamed
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup spring onions, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 wholegrain buns
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, washed
- 8 slices beetrootbeetsX (from a can)
1 In a large bowl combine all burger ingredients except sesame seeds. Mix well and use wet hands to shape 4 patties. Sprinkle with sesame seeds on both sides and place in fridge to chill for 5 minutes.
2 Combine all salsa ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix well until combined. Set aside.
3 Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with oil. Fry patties until golden brown on both sides.
4 Cut rolls in half and layer with pattie, lettuce, beetroot and top with salsa.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free seasoning, pesto and buns.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us