Kumara, salmon and corn fritters
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 cups peeled, grated kumarasweet-potatoX
- 1 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, thawed
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 210g can red salmon, drained, flaked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra leaves to garnish
- ½ cup plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ cup grated, reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 160ºC. In a large bowl, combine kumara, corn, shallots, salmon, coriander, flour, cheese and eggs. Season fritter mixture with black pepper.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Make 4 fritters with ¹/³-cupful each of the mix. Press down and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, turning once. Repeat with remaining mix to make 12 fritters. Transfer fritters to a baking tray, and place in oven to keep warm.
3 Arrange salad on 4 plates and top each with three fritters and sour cream. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and check sour cream is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use 300g kumara and 100g potato, replace shallots with green spring onion tips, and use reduced-fat mayonnaise instead of sour cream.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us