Kumara ‘pasta’ with tuna and tomato
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g (2-3) orange kumarasweet-potatoX
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 400g silver beet, stalks discarded, roughly chopped
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Using a julienne peeler or mandolin, slice kumara into long ‘noodles’. Microwave in a large bowl for 1 minute on high. Set aside.
2 In a saucepan combine cherry tomatoes, red wine and brown sugar. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly reduced. Add silver beet. Mix well until silver beet is cooked then add tuna and mix through gently. Take off heat and set aside.
3 Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over a moderate heat in a large pan. Add kumara and stir-fry for 5 minutes until tender.
4 Serve kumara pasta with tomato sauce. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan and freshly ground black pepper to serve.
Last updated date: 30 August 20182018-08-30 10:41:34
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us