(at time of publication)
- 100g reduced-fat spread
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- 200g baked kumarasweet-potatoX (orange flesh is best), mashed
- 1 cup soft brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 100g chopped hazelnuts or other nuts
- 2 teaspoons icingfrostingX sugar, sifted
1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly grease then line a square loose-based cake tin with baking paper.
2 Place spread and three-quarters of the chocolate chips in a microwave-proof bowl and heat until spread is completely melted. Stir to melt chocolate completely.
3 In a separate bowl mix kumara and sugar together until smooth. Add spread and chocolate mix, eggs and vanilla. Beat until thick.
4 Stir in flour, baking powder, the remaining chocolate and hazelnuts. Pour into tin and bake for 30 minutes or until firm to touch but still slightly moist. Cool completely in tin.
5 Cut in even-sized squares and sprinkle with icing sugar.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and baking powder and check chocolate chips and icing sugar are gluten free.
- This recipe is low kJ when eaten as a dessert.
- Store in a sealed container for up to four days.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information