Kumara and chickpea soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large golden kumarasweet-potatoX, diced
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan spice mix
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 390g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and kumara and cook for 5 minutes, until the onion has softened. Add the spice and stir well, cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, until the kumara is soft. If you like at this stage, purée part of the soup, or leave it chunky. Serve with parsley and grainy bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us