Kale, pumpkin and feta frittata with pesto
Time to make: 1 hr
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 500g buttercup pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 bunch (250g) baby carrots, scrubbed, larger carrots halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks green curly kale
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup trim milk
- 75g feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons small basil leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place pumpkin and carrots on prepared tray. Drizzle with half of the oil, season with pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
2 In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil over medium. Sauté the garlic and kale for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
3 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Put cooked pumpkin slices in pan with kale, reserving the carrots. Add egg mixture to the pan. Scatter with two-thirds of the feta. Transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes.
4 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine pesto and remaining oil. Top frittata with cooked carrots, pesto mixture, basil and remaining feta. Slice and divide among plates with dressed salad leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check pesto is gluten free.