Kale, ham and ricotta mini frittatas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 ½ cups trimmed, chopped kale
- cracked black pepper
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 150g lean leg ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a 12 x 1/3-cup capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat oil over medium. Gently fry onion for 2–3 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and carrot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the carrot starts to soften. Add kale and cook, stirring, until kale is just wilted. Season with pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and ricotta. Add basil, kale mixture and ham and stir well. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes, or until golden, puffed and set. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Remove from tin and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve frittatas warm or cold.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 1g
Make it gluten free: Check ham is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us