Jerk spiced tofu and vege kebabs on brown rice
(at time of publication)
- jerk marinade
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 300g pack firm-style tofu, rinsed and patted dry, cut in medium pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cored, deseeded, cut in medium pieces
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped in medium pieces
- 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered (optional)
1 Thread tofu, capsicum, courgette and onion onto skewers. Place in a dish and pour half the jerk marinade over, generously covering. Marinate for 3-4 hours, covered, in the fridge.
2 Cook skewers on a barbecue hotplate or stovetop pan for 5-6 minutes each side, or until nicely caramelised and tender.
3 Serve skewers on rice with spring onion and a lime wedge (if using).
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and soy sauce (in jerk marinade) and tofu are gluten free.
Click here for Jerk marinade recipe.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information