Jerk spiced tofu and vege kebabs on brown rice
- jerk marinade
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 300g pack firm-style tofu, rinsed and patted dry, cut in medium pieces
- 2 red capsicums, cored, deseeded, cut in medium pieces
- 2 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped in medium pieces
- 2 ½ cups cooked brown rice
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 lime, quartered (optional)
1 Thread tofu, capsicum, courgette and onion onto skewers. Place in a dish and pour half the jerk marinade over, generously covering. Marinate for 3-4 hours, covered, in the fridge.
2 Cook skewers on a barbecue hotplate or stovetop pan for 5-6 minutes each side, or until nicely caramelised and tender.
3 Serve skewers on rice with spring onion and a lime wedge (if using).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices and soy sauce (in jerk marinade) and tofu are gluten free.
Click here for Jerk marinade recipe.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us