Japanese sushi balls with kale and avocado salad
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Brown Sushi Rice
- 2 tablespoons Ceres Organics Mirin Rice Wine Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Mirin Rice Wine Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ceres Organics Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Countdown Select Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ceres Organics Sesame Oil
- 1 packet Vitalvegetables Vitalsight Salad Mix
- 1 small NZ Avocado, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- ½ teaspoon wasabi paste made with Ceres Organics Wasabi Powder
- ¼ cup Best Foods Lite Mayonnaise
- 210g can Countdown Select Red Salmon, drained
- ½ x 5g pack Ceres Organics Roasted Seaweed Nori Snacks, crushed in small flakes
- 2 tablespoons Tasti Sesame Seeds
- Cook rice following packet directions. Once cooked, pour first measure of mirin over rice to let the rice absorb it.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, in a small jar combine all dressing ingredients. Seal jar and shake well to combine.
- To make salad, in a large bowl combine all salad ingredients. Toss well.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine wasabi paste and mayonnaise. Stir well. Add salmon and crushed nori. Add rice once mirin has been absorbed. Stir to combine.
- Wet hands and roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a small ball. Roll sushi ball lightly in sesame seeds and set aside. Repeat with remaining mixture, to make 16 balls.
- Divide salad among serving plates and top with sushi balls (4 per serve). Shake dressing then drizzle over to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 5g
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Best Foods, Ceres Organics, NZ Avocado, Tasti and Vitalvegetables.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us