Jalapeño hotcakes with lime sour cream
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 350g store-bought dry pancake mixture
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup corn sweetcornXkernels (see tip)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pickled jalapeño slices, plus extra, to garnish (optional)
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice, plus 1 teaspoon lime zest (or use lemon)
- 1 large ripe avocado, sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Place pancake mixture in a large bowl. Whisk in water until smooth. Stir in corn kernels and jalapeños.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over medium heat. Cook 1/4 cupfuls of batter for 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear. Turn pancakes over and cook for a further 1 minute, or until cooked. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.
3 Combine sour cream, lime juice and zest in a small bowl. Serve pancakes topped with avocado, cucumber and tomatoes. Drizzle with lime sour cream, and garnish with extra jalapeños (if using).
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pancake mix and check sour cream is gluten free.
You can use fresh, frozen (thawed) or canned (drained) corn in this recipe.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us