Italian chicken toasties with roast vege salad
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 eggplantaubergineX, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 50g cottage cheese
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 25g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 ½ cups lean cooked chicken, diced
- 2 cups spinach, shredded
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves, plus extra to garnish
- black pepper
- 8 slices wholegrain bread
- spray oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- Preheat oven to 190ºC. On a baking tray, place tomatoes, eggplant and onion and spray with a little oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes until softened.
- In a bowl, combine cheeses with pesto, yoghurt, oil and tomato. Stir in chicken, spinach and basil. Season with pepper.
- Heat a toasted sandwich maker or grill pan. Place on it a bread slice and 1/4 of the filling. Top with bread. Spray with oil. Repeat with remaining bread and filling. Toast until golden brown.
- In a bowl, toss roasted veges in balsamic vinegar, serve with toasties and garnish with extra fresh basil leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us