Homemade muesli bars
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 1 cup wholegrain oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- ½ cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit such as sultanasgolden raisinsX, apricots, prunes, dates
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple juice concentrate
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 20cm x 30cm cake tin with oil and line with baking paper. Set aside. Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix well.
2 In another bowl whisk together egg and egg white until frothy. Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture and pour in eggs, oil and juice concentrate. Mix until all ingredients are coated.
3 Press mixture into prepared tin. Cook for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us