Herby fennel, leek and smoked salmon frittata
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup trim milk
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- pickled red onions, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette 4 slices wholegrain or
- seeded sourdough bread and a little reduced-fat spread, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat oil over medium. Cook fennel and leeks, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until softened. Add dill, chives and half of the parsley.
2 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Add to leek mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
3 To serve, top frittata with salmon and scatter with capers, remaining parsley and pickled onion, if using.
4 Slice and divide among plates with dressed salad leaves and bread.
Make it gluten free: Serve with gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 30g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us