Herby fennel, leek and smoked salmon frittata
Time to make: 40 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 8 eggs whisked with ½ cup trim milk
- 100g smoked salmon slices
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- pickled red onions, sliced, to garnish (optional)
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette 4 slices wholegrain or
- seeded sourdough bread and a little reduced-fat spread, to serve
Total fat 30g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. In a medium cast-iron or ovenproof frying pan, heat oil over medium. Cook fennel and leeks, stirring, for 5-7 minutes, or until softened. Add dill, chives and half of the parsley.
2 Season whisked eggs and milk well with black pepper, to taste. Add to leek mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until frittata is beginning to set around the edges. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden and just set.
3 To serve, top frittata with salmon and scatter with capers, remaining parsley and pickled onion, if using.
4 Slice and divide among plates with dressed salad leaves and bread.
Make it gluten free: Serve with gluten-free bread.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us