Herbed ricotta and chargrilled vegetable stacks
- 4 medium-large flat mushrooms, stems removed
- 450g peeled butternut pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced
- 5 cups baby rocketarugulaX
- ¾ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices grainy bread, with a little reduced-fat spread, to serve
- Spray a large chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate with olive oil and heat to medium-high. Cook mushrooms, pumpkin, onion, capsicum and courgette, in batches, for 4 minutes each side, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, finely chop half of the rocket and, in a small bowl, combine with ricotta. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice with olive oil.
- Divide ricotta mix among 4 plates, creating the base layer of the stack. Place vegetables on top of ricotta with remaining rocket. Drizzle with lemon dressing. Serve with grainy bread on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us