Herbed fish parcels with kumara wedges and coleslaw
(at time of publication)
- 600g kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled and cut in wedges
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice mix
- 4 × 150g white fish fillets
- 2 teaspoons dill, chopped
- 1 lemon, 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 500g cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 Preheat oven to 200°C and line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
2 Spray kumara wedges lightly with oil and sprinkle with Cajun spice mix. Toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on prepared tray and bake for 25 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, tear 4 squares of non-stick baking paper. Place a fish fillet on each sheet and sprinkle with dill and lemon rind. Season with pepper. Fold and wrap baking paper securely to enclose fish then place on a baking tray. Add to oven and cook for 15 minutes (so kumara cooks for 40 minutes in total).
4 To make coleslaw, combine cabbage, carrots, onion and parsley in a large bowl. Add mayonnaise and lemon juice. Toss to combine. Serve coleslaw with fish and wedges.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of Cajun spice mix and mayonnaise.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us