Healthy roast lamb
Rack of lamb
- Combine 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard with some chopped spring onion, crushed garlic, rosemary and a tablespoon of olive oil. Use to coat the lamb and roast on a roasting rack in a preheated oven at 190°C for 30 minutes.
Leg of lamb
- Use a sharp knife to make incisions all over the lamb. Insert some chopped dried apricots, sliced garlic and fresh thyme into each slit. Cook on a roasting rack at 200°C for the first 20 minutes and then lower the temperature to 180°C for the remaining cooking time.
Cooking times for roasting a leg of lamb
- Rare – 20 minutes per 500g plus 20 minutes
- Medium – 25 minutes per 500g plus 25 minutes
- Well done – 30 minutes per 500g plus 30 minutes
Nutrition Info (per serve)
No nutrition information available for this recipe.
When making the classic roast lamb, try small, tender, well-trimmed cuts such as a rack of lamb or lamb cutlets, which cook really quickly. ‘Mini pan roasts’ are a lean cut of lamb rump worth trying for a small family roast.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us