Ham, couscous and lentil salad
- ⅔ cup whole-wheat couscous
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 150g lean ham off the bone, chopped*
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 6 cups rocketarugulaX
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- In a large heatproof bowl, place couscous. Add boiling water and stir to combine. Cover and set aside for 4 minutes. Fluff grains with a fork.
- Add lentils, ham, carrot, capsicum, spring onions, currants and rocket. Season with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine orange juice, oil and white wine vinegar. Add to salad and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among 4 plates and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check ham is gluten free.
*Note: Cost per serve will be less if using leftovers.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us