Ham and chargrilled vegetable couscous
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3/4 cup couscous
- 3/4 cup no-added-salt vegetable stock
- 1 cup chargrilled vegetables such as 1/4 red onion, 1/2 red capsicum, 1/2 yellow capsicum
- 1/2 x 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX in spring water, rinsed and drained
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 50g lean honey roast ham, diced
- 1/4 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX, chopped
- 1/4 cup dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette (made with 1 part olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar)
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Chargrill vegetables under a preheated grill for about 10 minutes until skins are charred. Cool before preparing for salad.
2 Place couscous in a bowl and add hot vegetable stock. Cover with a lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3 After 10 minutes, fluff with a fork, then add chopped vegetables, chickpeas, onion, ham and dried fruit. Mix well. Add vinaigrette. Spoon mixture into a sealed container and keep chilled until eating.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous and check stock and ham are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us