Grilled prawns with snow peas, asparagus and noodle salad
Time to make: 28 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 180g soba noodles or rice noodles
- 200g snow peas, trimmed
- 1 bunch asparagus, sliced into 3cm lengths
- 4 large radishes, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, finely sliced diagonally
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced diagonally
- olive oil spray
- 400g large peeled green prawns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, to serve
Total fat 7g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Prepare noodles according to packet instructions. Add snow peas and asparagus for last minute of cooking time. Blanch until tender. Drain noodles and veges. Refresh under a little cold water and drain again. Place noodles and veges in a large salad bowl with radishes, celery and spring onions.
2 Spray a large grill pan with olive oil and set over high heat. Add prawns and cook for 1 minute per side, or until coloured.
3 To make dressing, place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Add dressing to noodles and veges. Toss well to combine.
4 Pile noodle salad onto a large serving platter and top with grilled prawns. Sprinkle salad with sesame seeds and serve.
- Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce and soba noodles are gluten free.
- If you don’t enjoy seafood, you can replace the prawns in this recipe with lightly grilled strips of chicken or beef.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us