Grilled chicken with creamy potato salad and fresh apricot salsa
(at time of publication)
- 3 apricots, diced
- ½ spring onion (green part only), finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- zest and juice of ½ lemon pinch salt
- 300g baby potatoes, halved
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- oil spray
- 400g boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in two or three pieces
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 3 cups baby spinach or rocketarugulaX
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, blanched
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- In a bowl, combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Bring a pot full of water to the boil. Add potatoes, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
- To make dressing, in a small bowl mix mayonnaise, yoghurt and Dijon mustard.
- Spray a griddle pan or barbecue grill with oil and heat to medium-high. Add chicken thighs and cook, turning, for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through. Squeeze over lemon juice and sprinkle with zest. Remove from heat.
- To the bowl of potatoes, add rocket, broccoli, pepper and mint. Add dressing and mix gently.
- To serve, divide chicken, potato salad and apricot salsa between 2 plates.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise and mustard are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $84. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us