Green pea guacamole
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños, chopped
- 2 spring onions (white part only), finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled
- juice of ½–1 lime
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, to garnish
1 Place peas in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1 minute, drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
2 Blitz peas, jalapeños, spring onions, coriander and mint in a food processor for 30 seconds until almost smooth, but with some texture.
3 For a smooth guacamole, add avocado to processor and blitz until combined. For a chunkier dip, roughly mash avocado in a bowl. Add puréed pea mixture and mix to combine. Add lime juice and pepper, to taste.
4 Serve in a bowl immediately, garnished with toasted pine nuts and mint leaves, or chill until ready to serve.
For a mouth-watering gluten-free Christmas platter, serve alongside Roasted garlic hummus with spiced chickpeas, with these gluten-free nibbles:
- roasted red capsicum
- marinated artichokes
- sun-dried tomatoes
- cucumber and carrot crudités
- mixed olives
- assorted baby tomatoes
- gluten-free flat crackers
- marinated feta
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us