Green pea guacamole
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 tablespoon jalapeños, chopped
- 2 spring onions (white part only), finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint, plus extra leaves, to garnish
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled
- juice of ½–1 lime
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts, to garnish
1 Place peas in a medium bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1 minute, drain and refresh under cold water. Drain again.
2 Blitz peas, jalapeños, spring onions, coriander and mint in a food processor for 30 seconds until almost smooth, but with some texture.
3 For a smooth guacamole, add avocado to processor and blitz until combined. For a chunkier dip, roughly mash avocado in a bowl. Add puréed pea mixture and mix to combine. Add lime juice and pepper, to taste.
4 Serve in a bowl immediately, garnished with toasted pine nuts and mint leaves, or chill until ready to serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
For a mouth-watering gluten-free Christmas platter, serve alongside Roasted garlic hummus with spiced chickpeas, with these gluten-free nibbles:
- roasted red capsicum
- marinated artichokes
- sun-dried tomatoes
- cucumber and carrot crudités
- mixed olives
- assorted baby tomatoes
- gluten-free flat crackers
- marinated feta
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us