(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ cups cooked cannellini beans (or 400g can, rinsed and drained)
- 2 potatoes, peeled, diced
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 150g green beans, sliced
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 100g trimmed silver beet leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto, to serve
1 Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion, fennel and celery and cook, stirring, for 6—7 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and oregano and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant.
2 Add cannellini beans, potato, stock and water to pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until potato is tender. Add beans, courgette and silver beet and cook for 5 minutes or until veges are tender. Season with pepper.
3 Divide soup among four serving bowls, top with a dollop of basil pesto and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 13g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free stock and check pesto is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us