Green chicken curry
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- ⅔ cup light coconut milk
- 2 medium-sized courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 150g spinach or silver beet, washed, sliced
- 1 bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli, about 160g), trimmed, cut in 6cm lengths
- 3 cups steamed basmati rice, to serve
- coriandercilantroX sprigs, to serve
1 Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil and place over a high heat. Cook chicken, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until starting to brown. Add paste. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2 Add coconut milk and 1 cup water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Add courgettes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes or until courgettes are tender and sauce reduces.
3 Stir in capsicum, spinach and gai lan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Serve curry with rice, coriander and halved limes (if preferred).
Makeover! You save…
6g total fat
7g sat fat
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us