Ginger and soy tempeh stir-fry
(at time of publication)
- 3 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- ½ inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- spray oil
- 250g pack tempeh (I used Tonzo brand)
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 1 large handful bean sprouts
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Slice the tempeh block in half, then cut into rectangular slices. Add the tempeh to the marinade and coat well. Put aside for 20 minutes.
2 When the tempeh has marinated, heat a wok or large frying pan on a high heat and spray with oil. Add the tempeh, reserving any leftover marinade, and stir-fry until starting to brown. Add the capsicum, spring onion and carrot, combine well and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Finally, add the bean sprouts and any remaining marinade and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
3 Remove from the heat and sprinkle over the coriander. Serve with noodles or rice.
Add some chopped fresh chilli for extra heat.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.9g
–Saturated fat 0.7g
Dietary fibre 2.3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us