German potato salad
(at time of publication)
- 400g baby potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 4 stalks celery, chopped in small chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled, finely chopped
- ½ cup baby cucumbers (cornichons)*
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ cup low-fat plain yoghurt*
- ½ lemon, juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill, plus extra, to garnish
- salt and black pepper, to season
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Boil or steam potatoes until tender. Drain and refresh in cold water then leave to cool. Boil eggs for 5 minutes. Refresh in cold water and leave to cool.
2 Chop cold potatoes in chunks and place in a large bowl. Add celery, onion, baby cucumbers and capers.
3 Shell eggs and slice in quarters. Add to bowl, season to taste and combine gently. Transfer to a serving bowl or platter.
4 To make dressing, in a small bowl whisk together yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and dill. Season to taste. When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and sprinkle with extra chopped dill.
Try different herbs, such as parsley, mint or basil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information