Garlic chicken with tandoori vegetables
- 4 skinless chicken thigh cutlets (bone in)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup reduced-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste (see tip)
- 1 bunch (12) baby carrots (see tip)
- 1 large courgette, cut in thick wedges
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained, patted dry
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
- ½ cup coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Cut 2–3 deep slashes into each piece of chicken. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer chicken to one prepared tray.
2 Rub chicken with garlic and drizzle with half the lemon juice. Bake chicken for 35 minutes or until just cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, combine yoghurt and tandoori paste in a large bowl. Add carrots, courgette asparagus and chickpeas. Toss gently together to coat.
4 Place carrots on second prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes. Add courgette and bake for a further 10 minutes. Then add asparagus and chickpeas and bake for a final 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5 Serve roast chicken with tandoori vegetables and brown rice. Garnish with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Check tandoori paste is gluten free.
- Reserve some of the baby carrot fronds. Wash them well and scatter over the roasted vegetables with coriander leaves before serving.
- You can find tandoori paste in the ready-made sauces and curries aisle in supermarkets.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us