Frying pan baked eggs with harissa and silver beet
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 400g can no-added-salt four-bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 4 large silver beet leaves, white stalks removed, leaves shredded
- 4 eggs
- ¹/³ cup roasted skinless hazelnuts, chopped, to serve
- ¹/³ cup shaved parmesan, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1 Spray a 24cm non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes, or until soft. Stir in harissa paste and garlic.
2 Add tomatoes, stock and four-bean mix. Bring to the boil. Stir in silver beet and simmer for 3 minutes.
3 Using the back of a big spoon, make four indents in the mixture. Crack an egg into each indent. Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking. Serve sprinkled with hazelnuts, parmesan and parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 16g
Make it gluten free: Check harissa and stock are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us