Fruit rice paper rolls
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Chocolate sauce
- 100g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- Strawberry sauce
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 teaspoons sifted icingfrostingX sugar
- Rice paper rolls
- 12 x 16cm rice paper sheets (see tips)
- fresh mint (optional, see tips)
- 1 small green apple, thinly sliced
- 3 strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 mandarin, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ small banana, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup raspberries
- ¹/³ cup blueberries
- 1 small mango, thinly sliced
Total fat 4g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 2g
1 In a small saucepan, over a very low heat, place chocolate, spread and cream and stir until melted, smooth and combined. Transfer sauce to a serving bowl. Set aside to cool.
2 In a small food processor, blitz strawberries until smooth. Stir in icing sugar and transfer sauce to a serving bowl.
3 Half-fill a shallow dish with warm water. Soak 1 rice paper sheet in water until soft. Place on work surface. Place 1 mint leaf, if using, along edge of rice paper. Top with a selection of fruit (be careful not to overfill). Roll up, folding in the sides to enclose filling. Set roll aside and cover with a damp tea towel to prevent it drying out. Repeat with remaining rice paper sheets, mint leaves and fruit to make 12 rolls.
4 Serve fruit rice paper rolls with dipping sauces.
Make it gluten free: Check icing sugar is gluten free.
Rice paper sheets are usually available in the Asian food aisle of your local supermarket.
You can use any frozen berries, instead of fresh, for the sauce. Thaw them before using. Fresh mint leaves can also be added to the sauce if desired.
If you don’t wish to make dipping sauces, serve rolls with reduced-fat, Greek-style yoghurt or a drizzle of honey.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us