Fish parcels with white beans
- 700g orange kumarasweet-potatoX, peeled, cut in 2cm chunks
- oil spray
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 4 x 150g fillets fresh hoki or other firm white fish
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup white wine
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh basil, to serve
- 4 cups mixed salad greens with dressing: 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon olive oil, blended
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 180°C and line a large baking tray with baking paper. Place kumara on prepared tray and spray lightly with oil. Roast for 25 minutes or until golden.
2 Meanwhile, cut 4 x 40cm-long pieces of tinfoil and spray each lightly with oil. Place 3 lemon slices slightly overlapping, into the centre of each tinfoil piece. Top each with one-quarter of the cannellini beans and then 1 fish fillet. Sprinkle each with one-quarter of the tomatoes, capers and wine. Season with pepper. Wrap tinfoil to make a fish parcel.
3 Place fish parcels on a second baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish is just cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Transfer fish and beans from parcel to serving plates. Garnish with basil. Serve with the kumara, salad and a lemon wedge on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
Replace cannellini beans with canned butter beans or chickpeas.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us